Mereside Primary Academy converted to Academy on 1st January 2017 with the Fylde Coast Academy Trust (FCAT) and is governed by the Academy Council. Overall operational management is delegated to the FCAT Chief Executive and then through the Executive Headteacher to the Headteacher of the academy.
Membership of the Academy Council of Mereside Primary Academy
Samantha Upton, Headteacher
Roger Farley, Executive Headteacher
Martin Pickles, Chair of Governors
Lisa Fleet, FCAT Governor
Sarah Myers, FCAT Governor
Stuart Ormson, FCAT Governor
Judith Byrne, FCAT Governor
Sarah Catterall, Parent Governor
Jennifer Noke, Parent Governor
Sarah Peck, Staff Governor
Jennifer Foley-Blundell, Staff Governor
Please note: The address of the chair is care of the school - Mereside Primary Academy, Langdale Rd, FY4 4RR.
The Academy Council plays a vital role in the governance and accountability of Mereside Primary Academy; its responsibilities include:
· Support the vision and direction of FCAT
· Set and review the vision and direction for Mereside Primary Academy within the framework of FCAT’s vision
· Approval of Mereside Primary's budget
· Oversee the financial monitoring of Mereside Primary Academy.
· Hold the Mereside Primary Academy Principal to account for standards and report annually to the Directors
· Act as a critical friend to the Mereside Primary Academy Principal
· Approval of capital programmes before submission to the Board of Directors
The Academy Council is not responsible for the operational and day to day management of Mereside Primary Academy, this is the remit of the Principal.
Minutes of all meetings of the Governing Board are available for parents on request to the Headteacher.
The Governing Board can be contacted via the school office.
The FCAT Articles of Association describe FCAT's constitution and responsibilities of the Board of Directors.
The FCAT Scheme of Delegation describes our governance structure and arrangements in more detail.
The FCAT Code of Conduct describes the roles and responsibilities of Directors and Governors.