- All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive free school meals under the Government's Universal Free Infant School Meals initiative.
- For children in Year 3 to Year 6 the cost of school meals is £10.00 each week (£2.00 per day), payable in advance each Monday morning.
- Children can bring a packed lunch but please try to provide healthy and well balanced food.
- Menus change frequently but always ensure that children are provided with a choice of healthy, well-balanced and nutritious meals.
Free School Meal Entitlement
Schools receive additional funding for all children who are entitled to free school meals (including infant children who are automatically entitled to receive a free school meal) whether they have a school meal or not. If your child is not having a school meal it is really important that you still apply for free school meals if you meet the criteria below.
Children are eligible to receive free school meals (FSM) if their parents are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). (Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit Run-on – the payment someone receives for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit – their children are entitled to free school lunches. Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.)
A Free School Meals Application Form can be obtained from the School Office.